Saturday, January 28, 2012

Cool Sunglasses Make You Cool, Too!

Or, at least, that's how I feel about my new sunglasses when I wear them.

Maybe it's shallow, vain, and a ridiculous result of over exposure to advertising, but I like to feel good about myself when I run. One of the ways I achieve a bit of confidence is by having cool running gear. Thankfully, I live very close to a Nike Factory Outlet, so I have collected an entire wardrobe of Nike running apparel for a fraction of the retail price.

Unfortunately, I have never found a pair of Nike sunglasses at the outlet, so I've been using a generic pair of sunglasses to run in for the past year or so. When we went to Chicago last summer, we visited a huge Nike Store on Michigan Ave, and I fell in love with a pair of Nike sunglasses. Having just graduated, I couldn't afford them at the time.

Out of the blue (or out of my strong desire for blue skies and a sunny day), I decided to splurge on them the other day. I placed my online order seconds before I headed off to work on Monday. I also live very near one of the Nike Warehouses, so my online orders always arrive very quickly. I waited on the UPS man (for the second day in a row. He totally thinks I'm crazy) to arrive on Wednesday to unwrap these babies.


And I fell in love all over again.

Then, it rained all day long on Thursday. Including during my sorry attempt at a run, so I couldn't even pretend like I needed to wear them. Boo.

But on Friday... I got to take the out for a test run... and our relationship is still going strong. Apparently, they have some sort of anti-fog technology, which sounds unnecessary, but is totally necessary. My generic ex-running-sunglasses fogged up quite a bit. Plus, my new Nike ones are purple and so pretty.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...